Most people hate Mondays, the weekend has ended, we have to go back to work or school. For myself, I am particularly blue this Monday, because my parents were in town over the weekend. We were able to spend a few very fun days with them as tourists in our own city and now we are back to the old grind.
Normally, for me, this means sending my son to school, my husband to work and me to my nanny job and taking care of my toddler. Mondays also usually include a list of errands and chores around the house.
To keep myself motivated and positive I have made this list of ways to help with the Monday Blues.
- Enjoy your favorite cup of coffee, tea or whatever you really like to drink. Unfortunately, for me, in an effort to save money I have cut out Starbucks, but I can still enjoy my cup of coffee at home with some whipped cream.
- Meditate. You can find the guided meditation I used this morning here. Even if you have never meditated before, give this a try. Just find a comfortable place to sit or lay, close your eyes, breathe and enjoy the message. I enjoy guided meditations, because I am really bad at clearing my mind. I like to envision lemons as my positive and rid of the negative energy as a dark cloud. Do whatever you would like for yourself.
- Give a long hug. Human interactions really make us feel better, if you see a friend or give your spouse a longer hug than normal, it may brighten both of your days.
- Take a walk, not to exercise, just to get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors and nature.
- Take a photo of your favorite thing and share it with others. This will make you smile and feel grateful and may spread the happiness to others.
- Pay it forward, donate to a charity or help someone you see. I always feel better when helping others. It takes my mind off of myself and any bad thoughts I may be dwelling upon.